Subject: None
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2002 09:17:48
Ian:
El Mar 16 Jul 2002 03:51, wrote:
>From: "jehova villa martinez" <thornadox@hotmail.com>

> > >yes. it means it's com3 = /dev/dty03 or tty03
>
>COM1 -> tty00
>COM2 -> tty01
>COM3 -> tty02
>COM4 -> tty03
>

>Ian
>Which one do you really want to use?

1*well  using for test tty00 cu -p modem  freeze this console and i need to
switch other console and check PID and  do:
kill -HUP PID_of_console_frozen

2*testing tty01, tty02 and tty04
system respond when i use cu -p modem (using rigth tty0x)
Device Not Configured.

3* only works well tty03

4*is important to say that dmesg says about my modem this:
i wondering if it must to be SAME COM# as in linux,
cu -p modem works fine!! but  ppp setup on linux works
with /dev/modem (but on draknet mandrake wizard network
configurator i choose ttys4 -->COM5)  and freebsd ppp
setup  works with /dev/cuaa4.  This points to tty04 but dmesg say:

>puc0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0:  US Robotics (3Com) 3CP5609 PCI 16550 Modem
>(com)
>com3 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 10
>com3: ns16550a, working fifo

Well since cu comand can use tty03 for use
my modem  and can connect to myISP i think on netbsd
this IS the rigth tty, maybe is this  wrong?

--
Jehova.

MSN. Más Útil cada Día. http://www.msn.es/intmap/