Subject: NetBSD on Sony PictureBook PCG-C1MW Does it work ?
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Marechal, Laurent <lmarechal@rational.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2002 15:36:07
Hello,

I was looking for a small notebook to use as a portable terminal (and
workstation). I find out the Picture book from Sony. My main question =
was
about the supported hardware.=20

Doesn anyone already installed NetBsd on such machine and could tell me =
what
hardware is supported/working or not ?

Thanks.

Here is the 'official' specification:

Models
PCG-C1MW
PCG-C1MWP
=20
Processor
Crusoe (tm) processor TM5800 867 MHz 1
=20
LCD
8.9" UW-SXGA (1280 x 600) TFT display
=20
Graphics
ATI MOBILITY (tm) RADEON (tm) -M graphics chip
8 MB SDRAM
=20
CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
External CD-RW/DVD combo drive
(CD-R 24x; CD-RW 10x; CD-read 24x; DVD-read 8x)
=20
Memory Stick =AE Media Slot
Supports optional Memory Stick=AE media or MagicGate(tm) Memory =
Stick=AE media
=20
Modem
Integrated V.90 modem
=20
Ethernet
10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet with RJ-45 interface on port replicator
=20
Pointing Device
Center Jog Dial(tm) control
Electro-Static touch pad
=20
PC Card Slot
Supports one type II card
CardBus support
=20
Audio
Windows=AE sound system compatible
Built-in stereo speakers; mono microphone jack
=20
Other Interfaces
i.LINK=AE (IEEE 1394) interface 3, USB, RJ-11 modem jack, Memory =
Stick=AE media
slot, headphone (stereo), mic in, DC-in on port replicator: VGA output, =
USB,
AV-in, AV-out, RJ-45 Ethernet
=20

Laurent.\