Subject: Re: Deaf modem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2002 02:29:18
El Mar 16 Jul 2002 00:07, wrote:
> > ------------------????????????-----------------------
> >
> > >you said it's attached as com3 at puc0
> > >
> > >do why tty04?
> >
> > well i send you what dmesg commands say
> > on this line related to modem, i so  sorry but
> > i really don't  understand: attached as com3 at puc0
>
>yes. it means it's com3 = /dev/dty03 or tty03
>
> > when you tell me that i need to use  dty03, i use it
> > and replace it where need, but i get same result:
> >
> > send (ATZ^M)
> > expect (OK)
> > alarm
> > Connect script failed
> > Failed
> > Exit
>
>really strange. do you set speed to what it should be?
>(115200)
>
> > talk between my box and  modem.
> > dmesg says that  this modem is on IRQ 10, but what
> > IRQ is on tty03 or com3 at puc0, is so clear i don't
>
>10. that's modem
really really strange, i'm not change Nothing from
installation, as it was installed it is my netbsd,
only step is setup ppp connection, every step on guide
and netbsd docs sugested at netbsd.org (i sended you urls)
i did, every sugestion yours i did,included set speed.
and get same result:

send (ATZ^M)
expect (OK)
alarm
Connect script failed
Failed
Exit

i am seriously thinking on try manualy Every device on /dev/,
but ... there is no commands for investigate such things?

what about if my generic netbsd 1.5.2 kernel expects a different
IRQ for  this 3com modem maybe reconf an rebiuld kernel will
gonna be necesary? on linux "cat /proc/interrupts" will show the
active IRQs and "cat /proc/ioports" will show port information,
is there something similar for netbsd?

why  cu -p modem works great for init modem dial up and even login
into myISP? (here there is /etc/uucp/port)

type modem
port modem
device /dev/tty03
speed 115200

-----> with this i tes my modem and works nice,
why with:

pppd call myISP

(using same /dev/tty03    or  dty03 doesn't work?!)

i have read a very looong topic (you was there) about
TTY virtualization driver something related to /dev/puc0,
i'm not sure if grab the main idea but maybe netbsd
lack on some tools for deal with blind serial atachments,
like mine , because we know port and irq but we don't know
what device really plug to info we already know,since device
that supose to be doesn't work maybe netbsd needs to have
a detection tool or a configurator as setserial on linux.
really i don't want to stay using any more  or again linux( as today).
BSD's works greater, no X crashes, no freezeings, speedier,
i used to use  gimp  on linux mandrake , when i switch to freebsd
was notorious the better performance since i do very heavy
design (lots of big image layers, and i put tasks on a long queue)
on linux even no think about  it!!! just crash X, or tux says
"ï am sorry" and freeze whole box.

as you can see my narrow opinion is as  is : newbie, final user,
but wanting to defeat misconfiguration, to avoid bother you
or boreing you feel freely to tell me about it, ok? ;)

helps to send complete dmesg results? any other info just ask
and i'll send it.

any clues guys?
thanks

Jehova.

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx