Subject: Deaf modem (was Re: MAKEDEV and configure devices)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/15/2002 16:18:19

------------------????????????-----------------------
>you said it's attached as com3 at puc0
>
>do why tty04?

well i send you what dmesg commands say
on this line related to modem, i so  sorry but
i really don't  understand: attached as com3 at puc0
my tech vocabulary is  kind of narrow, and my english
learning is in progres but i want to learn how to deal
with my box, technical info and sometimes man pages
are hard to grab to my self , i trying.

when you tell me that i need to use  dty03, i use it
and replace it where need, but i get same result:

send (ATZ^M)
expect (OK)
alarm
Connect script failed
Failed
Exit

mmmh... today i know that The alarm is generated by chat
after it times out (default 45 second timeout) while
looking for the "OK" modem response to ATZ.  The modem
isn't responding. It might be that /dev/tty03 isn't
configured for the port that the modem actually uses.
or It might be that the IRQ is being used on
another port by another process,  for now modem don't
respond any comunication or string sended  becuase modem
never recive nothing. but i don't know howto setup this
talk between my box and  modem.
dmesg says that  this modem is on IRQ 10, but what
IRQ is on tty03 or com3 at puc0, is so clear i don't
understand  things like  com3 at puc0.  i think i'll
learn to deal all this, specially if i have on line friends
lik you and other helpful guys,

thanks for your patience,
best regards
from mexico,