Subject: Re: X11 problems
To: None <stephenm@employees.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/15/2002 07:19:19
Hi Stephen,

   Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I haven't been able to get back to
you earlier.

>Ummmm... It sounds like you're either missing some files, or they're
>out of sync. xf86CreateI2CBusRec & xf86I2CBusInit are in
>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libi2c.a; xf86SetDDCproperties is in
>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a

Yes, I have those files.  They say they have the functions in question
using nm(1).

>Check to see if these two files are the ones corresponding to XFree86
>4.2.

As far as I can tell.  This happened both with the X sets supplied with
NetBSD-1.6Beta4 and with the X sets for NetBSD-1.5 as provided on the
xfree86 ftp server.  Both are 4.2.0.

>But I don't think the absense of these files should cause the signal
>11 - the I2C/DDC code is used to query the monitor for video
>timings. If a direct I2C/DDC fails, it then tries to get this info
>thru the video BIOS. Hmmmm... Is there any other interesting message
>in /var/log/XFree86.0.log?

Nothing else.  You saw the whole list of errors .... undefined
references followed by signal 11.

Thanks for your help.

--Phil

--