Subject: Re: wi0: wi_cmd: BUSY did not clear, cmd=0x0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/2002 14:50:19
freshly compiled 1.6 kernel:

NetBSD isildur 1.6_BETA4 NetBSD 1.6_BETA4 (isildur) #0: Sat Jul 13 14:24:45 PDT 2002 agrier@aragorn:/usr/projects/NetBSD/1.6/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/isildur i386

with PCMCIA debugging enabled and some PCIC tweaks yields:

pcmcia1: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
pcmcia1: CIS info: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01,
pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x156, product 0x2
pcmcia1: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqpulse irqlevel
wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: port 0x500-0x53fpcmcia1: card irq 10
wi0: wi_cmd: BUSY did not clear, cmd=0x0
wi0: init failed
wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fce0/0; last status ff00
wi0: wi_cmd: BUSY did not clear, cmd=0x21
could not get mac address, attach failed
wi0: failed to attach controller

this seems to indicate that all the I/O space required is getting
allocated, but things still aren't working as expected.  irq 10 doesn't
appear to be used by anything else that dmesg is reporting, but I just
yanked some more hardware and will be playing around with
PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK ...

anything else I should look at?