Subject: pppd -->append ^M character
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/2002 05:59:43
I've been tried both metods about setup my ISP connection
with pppd,
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-net2.html#AEN2684
and
http://netbsd.org/Documentation/network/#ppp

with both of them i get this on /var/log/messages

July 13 02:30:18 chat [470] send (ATDT1763301^M)
[...]                               Alarm
[...]                               Failed
[...]                               Connect script failed
[...]                               Exit

when i test my modem with cu -p modem
i can send strings to initialize it, even i can
do login my ISP and get  acces, but when i try
to use  pppd call myISP
my machine sends strings that finishes with ^M
and  i can't even not open my modem to  get
dial tone.

any clues about this?

please replay to tornadox@telnor.net

thanks
--
Jehova.

Únase al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico:
http://www.hotmail.com/es