Subject: PCI <-> PCMCIA bridge
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/2002 15:25:48
I just bought a "desktop wireless adapter," which appears to be a
PCI-PCMCIA (or PCI-cardbus) bridge.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
work.  The kernel identifies wi0, but can't get its MAC address, so it
doesn't attach it.  I *don't* see any pcic0 identified, though.

The device in question is a Belkin card with what appears to be a PCI
chip on it, and not much else.  I can type in numbers, if anybody thinks
that would be useful.

Any thoughts on why this doesn't work?  I saw nothing in the manual
about YENTA compatibility, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                       Mad scientist at large