Subject: Re: Ultra-light notebook recommendations
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2002 19:11:32
Robert Elz wrote:

>     Date:        Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:02:13 +0900 (JST)
>     From:        Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
>
>   | I and several other NetBSD developers use Toshiba Libretto L2 notebooks.
>
> Could you compare those with the Vaio ?
I don't know anything about the Libretto, but I'm on my second Sony
Vaio (first one was a 505TX, second one is a SRX77).  I love the Vaios,
but the new one is not quite as great as the old one.  The APM simply
doesn't work, so you have to use ACPI and our ACPI support is not
as complete as it should be.  And, of course, the modem doesn't work
on the new one.

	-- Lennart