Subject: Re: libXm.sa.2.0
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/06/2002 19:19:09
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 07:56:53PM -0400, Andy Ball wrote:

> Hello Jasper,
>
>   JW> Thats odd, mozilla in pkgsrc dosn't use Motif anymore,
>     > older versions did tho. It now uses gtk...
>
> I usually use pkgsrc, but it's close on a three hour
> download for the Mozilla source file using an analog modem
> (I'm mostly stuck at home following an accident).  I was cut
> off about 75% through the download on my first attempt.  The
> second attempt succeeded and then went off to apparently
> download the same huge file again.  I was frustrated to say
> the least.

A bit strange, why the lib name is libXm.sa.2.0?
I have openmotif-2.1.30nb1 on my system but the libraries are:
libXm.a
libXm.so@
libXm.so.2@
libXm.so.2.1*

However, mozilla will not need any libXm.* libs. I think you should send-pr
to please someone to compile a *correct* package then put it on the site.

-rxg