Subject: "No operating system"?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2002 16:51:11
I have a new system which has a SCSI drive in it, and it seems to emit "no
operating system" whenever an attempt is made to boot from that drive.  I've
tried two controllers, both of which recognize the drive and appear to think
they've installed a SCSI BIOS.  I installed from the 1.5ZC snapshot.  Booting
from the install disk, I see that the drive has a well-formed FDISK table and
disk label, and I have verified that installboot has been run.

Regardless, once the system gets to the point where it should boot from
the disk, it simply says "No operating system" and halts.

Any suggestions?

If it matters, it's a Gigabte KA-G7DX+ or something with a similar pattern
of letters, with an Athlon in it.  The boot floppy image worked fine on it.

-s