Subject: Re: pkg_install
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/2002 21:07:30
On 01.07.02, 19:09:01, netbsd wrote:
> Hi
>
> It happens when im trying to make pkg_install in 1.5.2 box.I have'īt any trouble with others
> 1.5.2 boxes.
>
> Any hint?
>
> Greetings
>
> _ -DHAVE_MACHINE_ENDIAN_H_ -c sha2.c
> cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Werror    -I/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work -DVERSION="20010807" -DHAVE_SYS_ENDIAN_H_ -DHAVE_MACHINE_ENDIAN_H_ -c sha2hl.c
> cc  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -static -o digest digest.o rmd160.o rmd160hl.o sha1.o sha1hl.o sha2.o sha2hl.o
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
> *** Error code 1

Try to start the same make job again.  Do something in between that
fills the file cache, like "find /", and try the make job again. If
fails at different stages, this is almost certainly hardware trouble.

See also http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

You might want to run an extensive memory test, a very good one can be
found at http://www.memtest86.com/ it runs directly off a bootable
floppy disk.

If something is wrong with your RAM or your CPU, memtest is likely to
find it. (Although it cannot tell you which RAM module is faulty.)

Let it run for several hours, so that the computer heats up to
operating temperature.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - your basement or mine?