Subject: Re: Talking to Apple Airport - suggestions
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/21/2002 22:36:10
In message <20020621163053.S25276@goldberry.poofy.goof.com>, "Aaron J. Grier" w
rites:
>On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 07:46:17AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> I use the Orinoco PCMCIA card very regularly; it works just fine.  And
>> yes, it can take an external antenna.  The problem I had was the
>> Orinoco PCI->Cardbus bridge didn't work.
>
>is this the TI one?
>
>> But I should try that again; I upgraded to 1.6beta2 last night.
>
>let us know of your results.  I had the same problem back in April with
>both 1.5 and -current.  (TI cardbus bridge locked kernel if cbb driver
>is enabled.)

Here's what it says without Cardbus configured:

Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 11 function 0 not configured
Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 11 function 1 not configured

I'll build a new kernel next week and try it.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)