Subject: Re: 1.6beta2
To: netbsd <netbsd@purk.ee>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/21/2002 18:00:02
--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 06:52:22PM +0300, netbsd wrote:
> Is there somewehere 1.6BETA2 binary or i missing something:) ?

<cite Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>>

 WHERE TO GET 1.6 RELEASE SNAPSHOTS
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Daily snapshots of the release in progress, during the first "BETA"
 phase, will be made available from:
=20
     ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/TIMESTAMP/MACHINE/
=20
 This is not "ftp.netbsd.org"; it is a separate machine so as not to
 overload our FTP mirrors.  Because of the frequency of builds, we ask
 that no one mirror specific portions of this FTP server, as the
 "NetBSD-daily" directory will grow in size rather quickly.
=20
 The timestamp is a YYYYMMDDhhmm (year, month, day, hour, minute)
 timestamp, which reflects the UTC time supplied to "cvs checkout" in
 order to build the snapshot.  This way, it is possible to reproduce part
 or all of the source tree directly from anoncvs.  A set of source
 tarballs will also be supplied with each day's set of snapshots, in the
 subdirectory "source".
=20
 Note:  X11 binaries must still be built on native hardware.  Because of
 this, X11 sets may not be available with a snapshot, or they may be the
 same binaries carried forward from an earlier snapshot.

</cite>

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=