Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 Release Schedule
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/2002 19:45:21
--yudcn1FV7Hsu/q59

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 04:47:20PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> I woudln't trust top's measurement of this. I doubt it was updated to
> deal with this particularly well. It may be counting shared libraries
> under file (although we count them as executables.)

Um... well, then it probably *should* be updated before we release
1.6, don't you think?

(top completely lying about memory usage on Solaris is one of my
major irritations at work: "No, <DBA>, just because top says you've
got no free memory doesn't mean it's really true.")

Does vmstat(8) report correctly for 1.6? (If not, it *really* should
be updated...)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net