Subject: Re: X on Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/2002 08:44:21
Hello Richard,

  RR> It's not at all clear what you mean by a ``weird
    > interferance pattern''.

I know, I was really struggling to describe it.

  RR> Is it a Moire'(sp) pattern?

No, it was more a pattern of flickering horizontal lines
towards the right-hand edge of the display.  I think it may
have been timing related.

I managed to get it to go away eventually with some tweaking
of xf86config (although It's still not behaving quite the
way that I would like).  It's a pity I can't just find some
concrete scan rate figures for the LCD <sigh>

  RR> If it causes other problems, you might try changing
    > your X video resolution.

The laptop display does 800x600, so that's the one I should
use.  Curiously at 9"x6.75" (11.25" visible diagonal) that
works out at 88.888... dots per inch. I strongly suspect I'm
the only person left on Earth who cares about such things
though.  :-/

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.