Subject: Re: install netbsd on remote machine
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Lili Wang <lwang0@uky.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/2002 20:08:29
Hi, everyone.
 Now the problem is that NetBSD can not be booted.=20
 Here is the situation. I want to install NetBSD/i386
on a remote machine. FreeBSD is installed on the first
partition ad0s1 and linux is installed on the second partition ad0s2. I hav=
e access to serial control to the machine and can reload the system and r=
eboot the machine even when the system is crashed. Also I can remotely lo=
g in to that machine. But I have no assistance from the local person. So =
I can not use bootable floppy to install NetBSD.=20
   Like suggested, I have disklabeled,  newfs the partition ad0s2, untared =
the binary sets from ftp and mounted it on /mnt. I used "fdisk -B -b /mnt=
/usr/mbr ad0" to install the boot code. When I chose to boot the system
from partition 2 , the boot process stalled. I guess
that I need to rebuild the first sector of the NetBSD partition(ad0s2). Doe=
s anyone know how to do that.
I really appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks in advance. =20
=20
 =20
=20