Subject: Re: Terminal Server
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: jonathan michaels <jlm@caamora.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/2002 04:39:08
greetings,

i have trimmed the cc: line i am not sure which group to post to,
appropriately, these two seem to be the best two, sorry if this is not
an ok thing to do.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:46:53PM -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:10:59 +0300, "netbsd" <netbsd@purk.ee> wrote:
>
> > Is this possible to use NetBSD as Terminal Server like w2k?
> > Any link and help is welcome!
>
> Grumble.  grumble grumble.  Grumble!

snip.

> I'll be alright.  Really.  Just a minute.  There.

snip

> Hope that helps.

ummm, i am asking for my own needs here, and as hummble as a unix box
need to be it is still more than teh hardware that i currently can
muster. i have been wondering if netbsd would be able to serve as a
terminal server ??

i have been toying with the idea of setting up an i486dx33 with some 32
(or 64 mb) dram and running something like the old xylogics terminal
server application suite.

is there anything the xylogics terrminal server package for netbsd ??

i can came close by cobbling together mgetty+sendfax and a couple of
authenication packages and postgresql as teh backend sql server, to say
that it was slow would be an understatement <GRIN> .. on the other hand
the xylogics term. server used to gallop along on a i386dx33 with 16 mb
box running isc/sco of various incarnations and at least one not so
stable linux, ummm this was some 8 years ago if memory serves me.

with kind regards and much thanks.

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels		 <jon at caamora dot com dot au>
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445	 <http://www caamora com au / ~>
==== === appropriate solutions in an inapproprite world === ====