Subject: Re: defaults for wscons(4)/wsdisplay(4)/wscons.conf/ttys
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2002 22:44:15
On Fri 07 Jun 2002 at 21:32:02 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> Allowing people to do "xdm=YES" in rc.conf without having to go fiddle
> other things in the default configuration is worthwhile I think, keeps the
> "why doesn't this work" factor down low - and 4 ttyE's enabled by default
> is easily enough for most people.

I am running the 1.5ZC snapshot and I did have to fiddle with X a bit.
It was starting with gdm before the wscons initialisation had started
the extra consoles. So it often used ttyE1 and then it conflicted with
the getty that was started on it (apparently) just a bit later.  "Not
optimal." That should be fixed somehow too. I see that the gdm script
requires wscons but apparently that is not sufficient.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woo betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.