Subject: Re: defaults for wscons(4)/wsdisplay(4)/wscons.conf/ttys
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2002 15:25:26
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 @ 7:09am (-0400), gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

gr> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 04:16:41AM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
gr> > on line 108 of src/sys/dev/wscons/wsdisplay.c:
gr> >
gr> > 	#define WSDISPLPAY_MAXSCREEN 8
gr> >
gr> > ...I'm assuming this simply can't be fixed by up'ing the #, but I'll play
gr> > with that later. I don't see why the default shouldn't be 12 -- 12
gr> > function keys on the standard PC/AT keyboard.
gr>
gr> Not that it *really* matters, but keep in mind that that's MI code.
gr> (I've got way more NetBSD machines that aren't i386 than that are,

...right.  good point.  even my sparcs, which run headless and have no
function keys, nor even wscons support, _still_ have this code, it's
simply not compiled into the kernel.

as for /etc/ttys and /etc/wscons.conf, Keyboard/arch can be taken into
consideration using ./src/etc.{ARCH}/[wscons.conf,ttys]

It's just frustrating having to use a combination of screen(8) and wscons.

-lava

gr> and making presumptions about what F keys they do or don't have
gr> loses.)
gr>