Subject: Re: A clearer explanation...
To: None <trunks@endersgame.net>
From: Ernst du Toit <et@houseofet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/2002 13:56:21
What you describe sounds like what bit me with an ISA PnP card, the kernel
hardwired ISA defs got the card up, but then the PnP config kicked in the
card was setup according to the PnP requirements.

Now, you've got a PCMCIA device, which is ISA derived, but to my knowlege
the PnP spec is for ISA busses only and does not extend to PCMCIA.

Afraid this might not help you much, but it may be a data point to the
solution :)

--et