Subject: Re: 200205290000 pre-1.6 snapshot: GENERIC kernel hangs on AGP
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2002 11:52:42
On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:30:44PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> My guess is aperture size, specially afte the problems Jason
> (and others?)  worked on for 81x boards. But I don't recall anywhere to
> set an aperture size in the HP BIOS (built from a rather old Phoenix
> codebase, by the look).
>
> Did you ever try setting a nonzero aperture?  If you can try it, does
> that fix the problem, too?

Unfortunately, my machine's a production fileserver so I can't take it
down to try this.  It occurs to me that I disabled the AGP aperture because
the machine's headless (when installing, I had a PCI video card in it) and
perhaps your BIOS did the same thing for you automatically: detect a PCI
video card and no AGP card, kill the AGP aperture.