Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: cube <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/02/2002 09:43:36
Le Sun, 2 Jun 2002 01:29:10 -0500
trunks@endersgame.net a écrit :
> I'm trying to set myself up a little email server, and I thought I'd
> grab 1.6.  It's an old Pentium 60mhz hunk o' junk.  The problem
> lies in the network.  I'm running an NE2000 ISA (ne* driver), and I
> found the problem that I'm having listed on the NetBSD i386 FAQ.
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to fix it by following the directions given.

Did you find a utility (usually they run under DOS) to configure the
settings of your card ?

>  I'd like to just make a new kernel and do it that way and stuff, but I
> don't know how to do it using the boot floppies that I grabbed from
> the ftp.  Anybody got ideas?

What you have to grab is the syssrc.tgz matching your system version.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20020530-1.6_BETA1-XFree86-4.2.0/source/sets/syssrc.tgz
is probably what you are looking for.

It is about 17 MB. Then you will be able to tune your kernel, removing all
the useless stuff (like USB code) for your computer.

cube

--
That's how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything
for the swim back.