Subject: Re: When SMP in formal release? Which OS? Virtual mailboxes
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/2002 15:01:30
On 31 May 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

# We're pretty fanatical in these parts about quality. That said, it is
# hard to predict what a release will be like before it is
# done. Certainly our intent is not to release junk, though.

The release of SMP is likely to be rocky in any case, simply because it will
hit a wider audience when it is integrated and released, rather than holding
a narrow focus as it does when it's only available in source form (unless
someone's actually compiled a binary snapshot).

So, no, we won't be seeing a release of junk, per se, but I honestly expect
that it's going to be a rough first trip while all the fringe cases get
nailed.  The rough edges are worth the trip, really.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Mach 3 stealthOS, undetectable by media radar.