Subject: Re: wscons stops painting [was at: netbsd-help]
To: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
From: Alexander Funcke <funcke@daemon.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/2002 13:14:59
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:25:51AM +0200, David Ferlier wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:41:56AM +0200, Alexander Funcke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I have a problem with my terminal emulation (wscons), it stops painting
> > characters. The cursor will continue to move when typing characters, but
> > they won't show up.
> >
> > I first believed that it was caused by some quirk with National's SCx200
> > hardware cursor, but compiling with a software cursor doesn't help.
> >
> > The system I'm running is a Nano Module P266
> > (http://www.nano-system.com/prod/p266.php), it's based on National's
> > SCx200 chip (586-compatible). I'm running a tweaked -current kernel, but the terminal
> > emulation parameters are untouched from GENERIC.
> >
> > Do some one have any clue what's pulling my leg?
> >

> this is a known problem (scan the archives, some people thought it was only related to ati cards). In fact, this problem is related to a bug introduced in current code (ZA has it, maybe before too)
> i think partially fixed the pb.

I've now looked through the specification of the SCx200 and I can't find anything
that makes it related to ATI's products, even though that won't guarnty anything.

I also looked at Bang Jun-Young's patch, but it doesn't match against -current,
is there an updated version or is it something one have to dig into?

/Alexander