Subject: Re: msdos filesystem corruption
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2002 15:27:49
On 29 May 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net> writes:
> > I started noticing problems writing to msdos filesystems a while ago, but
> > never got around to trying to debug it.  I figured I should atleast
> > present the problem before 1.6 moves out of beta phase.
>
> You should
>
> 1) produce a short script that reproduces the problem reliably and
> 2) send-pr the problem so it is not forgotten. Posts to the mailing
>    list are often lost -- the gnats database is much more reliable.

I will do that, but before I send-pr, I like to do a little investigation
on my own (I know the PRs are much more likely to be resolved if I can
point someone to the source of the problem).  I suspect there might be
something special about my system, otherwise I'd imagine lots of people
would be complaining about it.

Do you know of any msdosfs dumping/debugging tools?  Or should I write on
myself?  My reccolection of msdosfs is that it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks,
	Rick