Subject: Re: I just mkfs'd my backup!!
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Ryan M. McConahy <rm@m-net.arbornet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2002 12:39:31
The problem is, it wasn't a fs. It was a tar file of .tgz files. And I'm
pretty sure it was newfs'd. Whatever sysinst does. I was able to make a
partition pointing to it. Most of the files are corrupted. One good thing:
did I mention that I also had a gzipped version of this tar file of tgz
files on /usr, which was also newfs'd? Maybe it's possible to stick
them together and fix the holes...

And remember, I'm using the installation floppy...