Subject: I just mkfs'd my backup!!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan M. McConahy <rm@m-net.arbornet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2002 11:47:48
Ok. I had a 20gig hd, and had a 1.5g partition at the end, and
had it in the disklabel nice. Then after repeated torture by
the NetBSD install program (it didn't like my new partitioning idea),
I forgot to include the partition, and made /home on top of it.
The backup was all my personal data, my old Linux setup, 300mb of sources
I'd collected over my 28.8kb modem, the NetBSD binaries, the NetBSD source,
and generally my life. :( I'd also managed to get a gzipped version of
the tar file somewhere else, which I also overwrote intentionally.

Is there any hope of me ever seeing my beloved data again *sob*?

- Ryan M. McConahy (the idiot without proper backups)