Subject: Re: x86-64
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2002 17:01:37
Perry E. Metzger said:

>NetBSD is now known to run on real and not just simulated x86-64
>hardware. Frank is working on various improvements to the port, as you
>can probably tell from commit messages. More than that, I'm don't know
>that we should currently say.

Cool. I did see the commit messages and wondered.

I admit to lusting after a dual clawhammer box running SMP NetBSD. :-)

>However, let me note that AMD are a great bunch of people to work with
>and have been very cooperative.

Yes, I've heard that they are working hard with opensource groups.

I've been spending way too much time reading the Itanic versus Hammer
threads in comp.arch.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com