Subject: Re: x86-64
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2002 18:43:17
Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com> writes:
> Jason R Thorpe said:
> >On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 10:35:28AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >
> > > is that new AMD Opteron that kind of machine?
>
> >Yes, I believe so.
>
> Has AMD coughed up any real hardware for you guys, yet? I see here and
> there that some of the Linux projects have boxes with the SOLO motherboards.

NetBSD is now known to run on real and not just simulated x86-64
hardware. Frank is working on various improvements to the port, as you
can probably tell from commit messages. More than that, I'm don't know
that we should currently say.

However, let me note that AMD are a great bunch of people to work with
and have been very cooperative.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com