Subject: Re: promise tx2 ata100 pci card
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/2002 18:56:49
I bought one to replace the buggy onboard HPT366 my machine has. It works
perfectly, performs a whole lot better than the HPT366 did (I often see
around 42MB/s when copying from my ata66 ibm deskstar (first channel) to the
ata100 deskstar on the second.

I didn't have to do anything tricky to make it work, only had to adjust my
pciide<x> at blah lines in my kernel config file, but that was only because
I have my devices hardwired in it instead of just using pciide* at pci? dev
? function ?

What version of NetBSD are you trying to install on it? I'm using
NetBSD-current/i386. Note that I haven't tried to install, just to make it
work with an existing install. If there is any configuration information I
can provide that might help, let me know.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive