Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/2002 18:12:07
--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:04:15PM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:58:30PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
>=20

Uh, I've received your answer before my own message. lol

> I've ran 1.5.2 on my "phaeton" and now am running -current from start of =
may on
> it. "Phaeton" is a toshiba t3400 w/ 4mb ram, 486dx2/66 laptop with 120 MB=
 of
> disk (32 MB of it being swap), and a pcmcia ne. I'm not running X on it, =
but

Nice :) Mine is a 386sx 16mhz with 105mb of hard disk (I got linux slack 3.4
on it fine). Though, I have an old 520 disk laying around that I may place
into it (hope it works...)

The problem is that it does not have an ethernet card, nor pcmcia. I may
get a parallel cable to use plip, though.

> four consoles with window(1). It rocks. (yes, I'm quite low on space, but=
 thx
> to syspkgs I even have cc & gdb on it :).

Heh, I'm not used to window, but screen roolez IMHO. Btw, syspkg's are
-current only, right? Are they already working? :O

> If you have more diskspace (advisable :p) you'll be running fine with any=
 1.5 :)
> If not, a whole lot of twiddling and multiple installs (syspkgs have no d=
ependancies,
> easy to miss stuff) will wait for you.

NFS may be the solution if I can get -current on it ;)

Thanks!

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org