Subject: Instability problems, system crashing.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ricardo Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/2002 08:11:14
	Hi. I've been having serious problems with NetBSD/i386 1.5.2 I run in a
server. Although the system is usually stable, sometimes it crashes shamefully.

	The first panic was some months ago when the disk got full (ffs with
softdep). Manuel Bouyer told me there were some "issues" when running
softdep. Well, a gruesome kernel panic as disks fills is not desirable so I
disabled softdep. The disk never filled again, so I couldn't check out if
the problem was solved.

	Also, this machine is a very important production server so I cannot run
"tests" with it. Another machine confirmed that full disks with soft
dependencies causes netbsd to panic.

	Well, this was the first crash.

	A month ago or so I installed a RAID1 volume setup with RAIDFRAME. The
machine ran fine until today, when they called me home because the server
was down. Unfortunatelly, the server was reset before proper procedures. I
went there and the root filesystem (stored in raid0a) was dirty with two
directories corrupted. I fsck'ed it and the system was up again. No core,
nothing in the logs. This was the second crash, and I could not find out
what happened.

	When I was finishing the "system checkup", I closed the open sessions and
went back to the login screen. To verify if I had forgotten any consoles
open, I switched the ttyE's with CTRL+ALT+F1/2/3/4 (fast, holding ctrl+alt
and pressing "f1 f2 f3 f4" very fast). What happened? The kernel stopped again.
	I didn't have the time to write down a full stack trace. There were many
people complaining. The message was: Stopped at cpu_Debugger +0x4 leave.
	I issued the "sync" command but the system didn't reboot. No core after
pushing the reset button also.
	This was the third crash. The PC is connected to a Blackbox KVM switch. If
I'm not mistaken, it also happened some time ago, but in a hurry I rebooted
(not that machine).

	Sorry for the long message, I'm sending the machine's dmesg and kernel
config file. If someone knows something, please help. Although I'm a NetBSD
fan, my history with it (at least with this server) is terrible. It seems
that NetBSD isn't as stable as said. A kernel that crashes when disk fills
is a shame. Even the worst Linux server I've seen was safer to operate than
this NetBSD machine.

	The hardware seems to be Ok and it's not of poor quality.
	Anyone having such problems? I'm not being lucky with just one of the most
important machines I run.

	[]'s
	Ricardo.

dmesg output:

---
NetBSD 1.5.2 (ARQUI) #2: Tue Apr 23 18:47:53 BRT 2002
     root@unix-svr01:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/ARQUI
cpu0: Intel Celeron (Mendocino) (686-class), 399.12 MHz
total memory = 255 MB
avail memory = 233 MB
using 3296 buffers containing 13184 KB of memory
BIOS32 rev. 0 found at 0xfdb70
mainbus0 (root)
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
pchb0: Intel 82443BX Host Bridge/Controller (rev. 0x03)
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0: Intel 82443BX AGP Interface (rev. 0x03)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: ATI Technologies Mach64 GZ (rev. 0x7a)
wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
pcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0
pcib0: Intel 82371AB PCI-to-ISA Bridge (PIIX4) (rev. 0x02)
pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Intel 82371AB IDE controller (PIIX4)
(rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <WDC WD100EB-00BHF0>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
wd0: 9541 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 19541088 sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5
pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
pciide0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
wd1 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0: <WDC WD100EB-00BHF0>
wd1: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
wd1: 9541 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 19541088 sectors
wd1: 32-bit data port
wd1: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5
pciide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
wd1(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
Intel 82371AB USB Host Controller (PIIX4) (USB serial bus, revision 0x01)
at pci0 dev 7 function 2 not configured
Intel 82371AB Power Management Controller (PIIX4) (miscellaneous bridge,
revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 7 function 3 not configured
fxp0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: Intel i82557 Ethernet, rev 5
fxp0: interrupting at irq 9
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:90:27:3b:fd:a7, 10/100 Mb/s
inphy0 at fxp0 phy 1: i82555 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
inphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
isa0 at pcib0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pmsi0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pmsi0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
sysbeep0 at pcppi0
isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: ISA Plug 'n Play device support
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0-0xff: using exception 16
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found
biomask ede5 netmask efe5 ttymask ffe7
Kernelized RAIDframe activated
RAID autoconfigure
Configuring raid0:
RAIDFRAME: protectedSectors is 64
RAIDFRAME: Configure (RAID Level 1): total number of sectors is 18886272
(9221 MB)
RAIDFRAME(RAID Level 1): Using 6 floating recon bufs with no head sep limit
RAID autoconfigure
Configuring raid1:
RAIDFRAME: Configure (RAID Level 1): total number of sectors is 614272 (299 MB)
RAIDFRAME(RAID Level 1): Using 6 floating recon bufs with no head sep limit
boot device: raid0
root on raid0a dumps on raid0b
root file system type: ffs
raid0: Device already configured!
raid1: Device already configured!
wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 2 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 3 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 4 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
---

kernel config file:
---
#       $NetBSD: GENERIC,v 1.354.2.8 2000/09/20 18:26:06 thorpej Exp $
#
#       GENERIC -- everything that's currently supported
#

include "arch/i386/conf/std.i386"

#ident          "GENERIC-$Revision: 1.354.2.8 $"

maxusers        64 # estimated number of users

# CPU support.  At least one is REQUIRED.
#options        I386_CPU
#options        I486_CPU
options         I586_CPU
options         I686_CPU

options NMBCLUSTERS=6144

# CPU-related options.
options         MATH_EMULATE    # floating point emulation
options         VM86            # virtual 8086 emulation
options         USER_LDT        # user-settable LDT; used by WINE
# eliminate delay no-ops in I/O; recommended on all but very old machines
#options        DUMMY_NOPS

# delay between "rebooting ..." message and hardware reset, in milliseconds
#options        CPURESET_DELAY=2000

# This option allows you to force a serial console at the specified
# I/O address.   see console(4) for details.
#options        "CONSDEVNAME=\"com\"",CONADDR=0x2f8,CONSPEED=57600
#       you don't want the option below ON iff you are using the
#       serial console option of the new boot strap code.
#options        CONS_OVERRIDE   # Always use above! independent of boot info

# The following options override the memory sizes passed in from the boot
# block.  Use them *only* if the boot block is unable to determine the correct
# values.  Note that the BIOS may *correctly* report less than 640k of base
# memory if the extended BIOS data area is located at the top of base memory
# (as is the case on most recent systems).
#options        REALBASEMEM=639         # size of base memory (in KB)
#options        REALEXTMEM=15360        # size of extended memory (in KB)

# Standard system options

options         UCONSOLE        # users can use TIOCCONS (for xconsole)
options         INSECURE        # disable kernel security levels

options         RTC_OFFSET=0    # hardware clock is this many mins. west of GMT
options         NTP             # NTP phase/frequency locked loop

options         KTRACE          # system call tracing via ktrace(1)

options         SYSVMSG         # System V-like message queues
options         SYSVSEM         # System V-like semaphores
options         SYSVSHM         # System V-like memory sharing
#options        SHMMAXPGS=1024  # 1024 pages is the default

options     SHMMAXPGS=8192  # 1024 pages is the default
options     SEMMNI=64
options     SEMMNS=256

options         LKM             # loadable kernel modules

# Diagnostic/debugging support options
options         DIAGNOSTIC      # cheap kernel consistency checks
#options        DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
#options        KMEMSTATS       # kernel memory statistics (vmstat -m)
options         DDB             # in-kernel debugger
options         DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=512    # enable history editing in DDB
#options        KGDB            # remote debugger
#options        "KGDB_DEVNAME=\"com\"",KGDBADDR=0x3f8,KGDBRATE=9600
#makeoptions    DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table

# Compatibility options
options         COMPAT_NOMID    # compatibility with 386BSD, BSDI, NetBSD 0.8,
#options        COMPAT_09       # NetBSD 0.9,
#options        COMPAT_10       # NetBSD 1.0,
#options        COMPAT_11       # NetBSD 1.1,
#options        COMPAT_12       # NetBSD 1.2,
#options        COMPAT_13       # NetBSD 1.3,
options         COMPAT_14       # NetBSD 1.4,
options         COMPAT_43       # and 4.3BSD
options         COMPAT_386BSD_MBRPART # recognize old partition ID

#options        COMPAT_SVR4     # binary compatibility with SVR4
#options        COMPAT_IBCS2    # binary compatibility with SCO and ISC
options         COMPAT_LINUX    # binary compatibility with Linux
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD  # binary compatibility with FreeBSD
#options        COMPAT_PECOFF   # kernel support to run Win32 apps

# File systems
file-system     FFS             # UFS
file-system     EXT2FS          # second extended file system (linux)
file-system     LFS             # log-structured file system
file-system     MFS             # memory file system
file-system     NFS             # Network File System client
#file-system    NTFS            # Windows/NT file system (experimental)
file-system     CD9660          # ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
#file-system    MSDOSFS         # MS-DOS file system
file-system     FDESC           # /dev/fd
file-system     KERNFS          # /kern
file-system     NULLFS          # loopback file system
#file-system    OVERLAY         # overlay file system
#file-system    PORTAL          # portal filesystem (still experimental)
file-system     PROCFS          # /proc
file-system     UMAPFS          # NULLFS + uid and gid remapping
#file-system    UNION           # union file system
#file-system    CODA            # Coda File System; also needs vcoda (below)

# File system options
options         QUOTA           # UFS quotas
#options        FFS_EI          # FFS Endian Independent support
options         SOFTDEP         # FFS soft updates support.
options         NFSSERVER       # Network File System server
#options        EXT2FS_SYSTEM_FLAGS # makes ext2fs file flags (append and
                                 # immutable) behave as system flags.

# Networking options
options         GATEWAY         # packet forwarding
options         INET            # IP + ICMP + TCP + UDP
#options        INET6           # IPV6
#options        IPSEC           # IP security
#options        IPSEC_ESP       # IP security (encryption part; define w/IPSEC)
#options        IPSEC_DEBUG     # debug for IP security
#options        MROUTING        # IP multicast routing
options         NS              # XNS
#options        NSIP            # XNS tunneling over IP
options         ISO,TPIP        # OSI
#options        EON             # OSI tunneling over IP
options         CCITT,LLC,HDLC  # X.25
#Options        NETATALK        # AppleTalk networking protocols
options         PPP_BSDCOMP     # BSD-Compress compression support for PPP
options         PPP_DEFLATE     # Deflate compression support for PPP
options         PPP_FILTER      # Active filter support for PPP (requires bpf)
options         PFIL_HOOKS      # pfil(9) packet filter hooks
options         IPFILTER_LOG    # ipmon(8) log support

# Compatibility with 4.2BSD implementation of TCP/IP.  Not recommended.
#options        TCP_COMPAT_42

# These options enable verbose messages for several subsystems.
# Warning, these may compile large string tables into the kernel!
options         EISAVERBOSE     # verbose EISA device autoconfig messages
options         MIIVERBOSE      # verbose PHY autoconfig messages
options         PCIVERBOSE      # verbose PCI device autoconfig messages
#options        PCI_CONFIG_DUMP # verbosely dump PCI config space
#options        PCMCIAVERBOSE   # verbose PCMCIA configuration messages
options         SCSIVERBOSE     # human readable SCSI error messages
options         USBVERBOSE      # verbose USB device autoconfig messages
#options        PNPBIOSVERBOSE  # verbose PnP BIOS messages
#options        PNPBIOSDEBUG    # more fullsome Pnp BIOS debugging messages
options         NFS_BOOT_DHCP,NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM

#
# wscons options
#
# builtin terminal emulations
#options        WSEMUL_SUN              # sun terminal emulation
options         WSEMUL_VT100            # VT100 / VT220 emulation
# different kernel output - see dev/wscons/wsdisplayvar.h
options         WS_KERNEL_FG=WSCOL_WHITE
#options        WS_KERNEL_BG=WSCOL_BLACK
# compatibility to other console drivers
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT           # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes
# see dev/pckbc/wskbdmap_mfii.c for implemented layouts
#options        PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DE | KB_NODEAD)"
# allocate a number of virtual screens at autoconfiguration time
#options        WSDISPLAY_DEFAULTSCREENS=4
# use a large software cursor that doesn't blink
#options        PCDISPLAY_SOFTCURSOR

# Kernel root file system and dump configuration.
config          netbsd  root on ? type ?
#config         netbsd  root on sd0a type ffs
#config         netbsd  root on ? type nfs

#
# Device configuration
#

mainbus0 at root

#apm0   at mainbus0                     # Advanced power management

# Tuning for power management, see apm(4) for more details.
#options        APM_NO_IDLE             # Don't call BIOS CPU idle function
#options        APM_V10_ONLY            # Use only the APM 1.0 calls
#options        APM_NO_POWEROFF         # Don't power off on halt(8)
#options        APM_POWER_PRINT         # Print stats on the console
#options        APM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS=0 # Don't disable interrupts

# Basic Bus Support

# Plug-and-Play BIOS and attached devices

#pnpbios*       at mainbus?

# mainboard audio chips
#ess*           at pnpbios? index ?     # ESS AudioDrive
#sb*            at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in sb mode
#wss*           at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in wss mode
#ym*            at pnpbios? index ?     # OPL3-SA3

# com port
# If enabled, consider changing "com0", "com1", and "com2" under "ISA Serial
# Interfaces" to "com*", otherwise com2 will attach at pnpbios? and there
# will be no com0.  A side effect is pcmcia (and other) com? previously
# starting at com3 may attach as com1 or com2.
#com*           at pnpbios? index ?     # serial ports

# parallel port
# The above "com*" comments apply, cf. "lpt0" under "ISA parallel
# "printer interfaces".
#lpt*           at pnpbios? index ?     # parallel ports

#pckbc*         at pnpbios? index ?     # PC keyboard/mouse controller
#fdc*           at pnpbios? index ?     # floppy controller

# IDE controller on Toshiba Portege 3000 series (crippled PCI device)
#pciide* at pnpbios? index ?

# PCI bus support
pci*    at mainbus? bus ?
pci*    at pchb? bus ?
pci*    at ppb? bus ?

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
#options        PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
#options        PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
#options        PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
#options        PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
#options        PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
#options        PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
#options        PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)
#options        PCIINTR_DEBUG           # super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

# PCI bridges
pchb*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI-Host bridges
pceb*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI-EISA bridges
pcib*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI-ISA bridges
ppb*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI-PCI bridges
# XXX 'puc's aren't really bridges, but there's no better place for them here
puc*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI "universal" comm. cards

# EISA bus support
eisa*   at mainbus?
eisa*   at pceb?

# ISA bus support
isa*    at mainbus?
isa*    at pceb?
isa*    at pcib?

# PCMCIA bus support
#pcmcia*        at pcic? controller ? socket ?
#pcmcia*        at tcic? controller ? socket ?

# ISA PCMCIA controllers
#pcic0  at isa? port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x10000
#pcic1  at isa? port 0x3e2 iomem 0xe0000 iosiz 0x4000
#Tcic0  at isa? port 0x240 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x10000

# PCI PCMCIA controllers
#pcic0  at pci? dev? function ?

# ISA Plug-and-Play bus support
isapnp0 at isa?

# ISA Plug-and-Play PCMCIA controllers
#pcic*  at isapnp?

# CardBus bridge support
#cbb*           at pci? dev ? function ?
#cardslot*      at cbb?

# CardBus bus support
#cardbus*       at cardslot?
#pcmcia*        at cardslot?

# Coprocessor Support

# Math Coprocessor support
npx0    at isa? port 0xf0 irq 13        # x86 math coprocessor

# Console Devices

# ISA console
#pc0    at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # pccons generic PC console driver
# Keyboard layout configuration for pccons
#options        FRENCH_KBD
#options        FINNISH_KBD
#options        GERMAN_KBD
#options        NORWEGIAN_KBD
# pccons-specific options:
#options        XSERVER_DDB     # PF12 gets you into DDB when X is running
#options        XSERVER         # X server support

# wscons
pckbc0          at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
pckbd*          at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
# "opms" should not be enabled together with "pms" or "pmsi"
pms*            at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
pmsi*           at pckbc?               # PS/2 "Intelli"mouse for wsmouse
#opms*          at pckbc?               # backwards compatible PS/2 mouse
vga0            at isa?
vga*            at pci? dev ? function ?
pcdisplay0      at isa?                 # CGA, MDA, EGA, HGA
wsdisplay*      at vga? console ?
wsdisplay*      at pcdisplay? console ?
wskbd*          at pckbd? console ?
wsmouse*        at pms? mux 0
wsmouse*        at pmsi? mux 0

pcppi0          at isa?
sysbeep0        at pcppi?

# Serial Devices

# PCI serial interfaces
com*    at puc? port ?                  # 16x50s on "universal" comm boards
#cy*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Cyclades Cyclom-Y serial boards
#cz*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Cyclades-Z multi-port serial boards

# ISA Plug-and-Play serial interfaces
com*    at isapnp?                      # Modems and serial boards

# PCMCIA serial interfaces
#com*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Modems and serial cards

#pcmcom*        at pcmcia? function ?           # PCMCIA multi-port serial
cards
#com*   at pcmcom? slave ?              # ...and the slave devices

# CardBus serial interfaces
#com*   at cardbus? function ?          # Modems and serial cards

# ISA serial interfaces
#options        COM_HAYESP              # adds Hayes ESP serial board support
com0    at isa? port 0x3f8 irq 4        # Standard PC serial ports
com1    at isa? port 0x2f8 irq 3
com2    at isa? port 0x3e8 irq 5
#com3   at isa? port 0x2e8 irq 9
#ast0   at isa? port 0x1a0 irq 5        # AST 4-port serial cards
#com*   at ast? slave ?
#boca0  at isa? port 0x100 irq 5        # BOCA 8-port serial cards
#boca0  at isa? port 0x100 irq 5        # BOCA 16-port serial cards (BB2016)
#boca1  at isa? port 0x140 irq 5        # this line is also needed for BB2016
#com*   at boca? slave ?
#tcom0  at isa? port 0x100 irq 7        # TC-800 8-port serial cards
#com*   at tcom? slave ?
#rtfps0 at isa? port 0x1230 irq 10      # RT 4-port serial cards
#com*   at rtfps? slave ?
#cy0    at isa? iomem 0xd4000 irq 12    # Cyclades serial cards
#addcom0 at isa? port 0x108 irq 5       # Addonics FlexPort 8S
#com*   at addcom? slave ?

# Parallel Printer Interfaces

# PCI parallel printer interfaces
lpt*    at puc? port ?                  # || ports on "universal" comm boards

# ISA parallel printer interfaces
lpt0    at isa? port 0x378 irq 7        # standard PC parallel ports
lpt1    at isa? port 0x278
lpt2    at isa? port 0x3bc

# LM7[89] and compatible hardware monitors
#lm0    at isa? port 0x290              # other common ports: 0x280, 0x310

# VIA VT82C686A hardware monitor
#viapm* at pci? dev ? function ?
#viaenv* at viapm?

# SCSI Controllers and Devices

# PCI SCSI controllers
#adv*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # AdvanSys 1200[A,B], 9xx[U,UA] SCSI
#adw*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # AdvanSys 9x0UW[D], 3940U[2,3]W SCSI
#ahc*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Adaptec [23]94x, aic78x0 SCSI
#bha*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # BusLogic 9xx SCSI
#dpt*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # DPT SmartCache/SmartRAID
#isp*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Qlogic ISP [12]0x0 SCSI/FibreChannel
#ncr*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # NCR 53c8xx SCSI (old driver)
#siop*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Symbios 53c8xx SCSI
#pcscp* at pci? dev ? function ?        # AMD 53c974 PCscsi-PCI SCSI

# EISA SCSI controllers
#ahb*   at eisa? slot ?                 # Adaptec 174[02] SCSI
#ahc*   at eisa? slot ?                 # Adaptec 274x, aic7770 SCSI
#bha*   at eisa? slot ?                 # BusLogic 7xx SCSI
#dpt*   at eisa? slot ?                 # DPT EATA SCSI
#uha*   at eisa? slot ?                 # UltraStor 24f SCSI

# PCMCIA SCSI controllers
#aic*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Adaptec APA-1460 SCSI
#esp*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Qlogic ESP406/FAS408 SCSI
#
# ISA Plug-and-Play SCSI controllers
#aha*   at isapnp?                      # Adaptec AHA-154[02
#aic*   at isapnp?                      # Adaptec AHA-1520B

# ISA SCSI controllers
#adv0   at isa? port ? irq ? drq ?      # AdvanSys APB-514[02]
#aha0   at isa? port 0x330 irq ? drq ?  # Adaptec 154[02] SCSI
#aha1   at isa? port 0x334 irq ? drq ?
#ahc0   at isa? port ? irq ?            # Adaptec 284x SCSI
#aic0   at isa? port 0x340 irq 11       # Adaptec 152[02] SCSI
#bha0   at isa? port 0x330 irq ? drq ?  # BusLogic [457]4X SCSI
#bha1   at isa? port 0x334 irq ? drq ?
# The "nca" and "dpt" probes might give false hits or hang your machine.
#dpt0   at isa? port 0x170 irq ? drq ?  # DPT SmartCache/SmartRAID
#nca0   at isa? port 0x360 irq 15       # Port-mapped NCR 53C80 contoller
#nca1   at isa? iomem 0xd8000 irq 5     # Memory-mapped controller (T128, etc.)
#sea0   at isa? iomem 0xc8000 irq 5     # Seagate/Future Domain SCSI
#uha0   at isa? port 0x330 irq ? drq ?  # UltraStor [13]4f SCSI
#uha1   at isa? port 0x340 irq ? drq ?
#wds0   at isa? port 0x350 irq 15 drq 6 # WD7000 and TMC-7000 controllers
#wds1   at isa? port 0x358 irq 11 drq 5

# CardBus SCSI cards
#ahc*   at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # Adaptec ADP-1480

# SCSI bus support
#scsibus* at adv?
#scsibus* at adw?
#scsibus* at aha?
#scsibus* at ahb?
#scsibus* at ahc?
#scsibus* at aic?
#scsibus* at bha?
#scsibus* at dpt?
#scsibus* at esp?
#scsibus* at isp?
#scsibus* at nca?
#scsibus* at ncr?
#scsibus* at pcscp?
#scsibus* at sea?
#scsibus* at siop?
#scsibus* at uha?
#scsibus* at wds?

# SCSI devices
#sd*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI disk drives
#st*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI tape drives
#cd*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI CD-ROM drives
#ch*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI autochangers
#ses*   at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI Enclosure Services devices
#ss*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI scanners
#uk*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI unknown

# RAID controllers and devices
#cac*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Compaq array controller
#ca*    at cac? unit ?                  # Compaq array disk device

# IDE and related devices
# PCI IDE controllers - see pciide(4) for supported hardware.
# The 0x0001 flag force the driver to use DMA, even if the driver doesn't know
# how to set up DMA modes for this chip. This may work, or may cause
# a machine hang with some controllers.
pciide0 at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000

# ISA Plug-and-Play IDE controllers
wdc*    at isapnp?

# PCMCIA IDE controllers

# ISA ST506, ESDI, and IDE controllers
# Use flags 0x01 if you want to try to use 32bits data I/O (the driver will
# fall back to 16bits I/O if 32bits I/O are not functional).
# Some controllers pass the initial 32bit test, but will fail later.
wdc0    at isa? port 0x1f0 irq 14 flags 0x00
wdc1    at isa? port 0x170 irq 15 flags 0x00

# IDE drives
# Flags are used only with controllers that support DMA operations
# and mode settings (e.g. some pciide controllers)
# The lowest order four bits (rightmost digit) of the flags define the PIO
# mode to use, the next set of four bits the DMA mode and the third set the
# UltraDMA mode. For each set of four bits, the 3 lower bits define the mode
# to use, and the last bit must be 1 for this setting to be used.
# For DMA and UDMA, 0xf (1111) means 'disable'.
# 0x0fac means 'use PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, disable UltraDMA'.
# (0xc=1100, 0xa=1010, 0xf=1111)
# 0x0000 means "use whatever the drive claims to support".
#wd*    at wdc? channel ? drive ? flags 0x0000
wd0     at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0 flags 0x0000
wd1     at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0 flags 0x0000

# ATAPI bus support
atapibus* at wdc? channel ?
atapibus* at pciide? channel ?

# ATAPI devices
# flags have the same meaning as for IDE drives.
cd*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI CD-ROM drives
sd*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI disk drives
uk*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI unknown

# Miscellaneous mass storage devices

# ISA floppy
fdc0    at isa? port 0x3f0 irq 6 drq 2  # standard PC floppy controllers
#fdc1   at isa? port 0x370 irq ? drq ?
fd*     at fdc? drive ?                 # the drives themselves
# some machines need you to do this instead of fd*
#fd0    at fdc0 drive 0

# ISA CD-ROM devices
#mcd0   at isa? port 0x300 irq 10       # Mitsumi CD-ROM drives

# ISA tape devices
# note: the wt driver conflicts unpleasantly with SMC boards at the
# same I/O address. The probe reprograms their EEPROMs. Don't
# uncomment it unless you are actually using it.
#wt0    at isa? port 0x308 irq 5 drq 1  # Archive and Wangtek QIC tape drives

# Network Interfaces

# PCI network interfaces
#de*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # DEC 21x4x-based Ethernet
#en*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # ENI/Adaptec ATM
ep*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # 3Com 3c59x
ex*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # 3Com 90x[B]
#epic*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # SMC EPIC/100 Ethernet
#esh*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Essential HIPPI card
#fpa*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # DEC DEFPA FDDI
fxp*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Intel EtherExpress PRO 10+/100B
#le*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCnet-PCI Ethernet
#lmc*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Lan Media Corp SSI/HSSI/DS3
ne*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
#ntwoc* at pci? dev ? function ?        # Riscom/N2 PCI Sync Serial
#rtk*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Realtek 8129/8139
#sip*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # SiS 900 Ethernet
#ti*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Alteon ACEnic gigabit Ethernet
#tl*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # ThunderLAN-based Ethernet
#tlp*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # DECchip 21x4x (and clones) Ethernet
#options        TLP_MATCH_21040
#options        TLP_MATCH_21041
#options        TLP_MATCH_21140
#options        TLP_MATCH_21142
#vr*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # VIA Rhine Fast Ethernet

# EISA network interfaces
ep*     at eisa? slot ?                 # 3Com 3c579 Ethernet
#fea*   at eisa? slot ?                 # DEC DEFEA FDDI
#tlp*   at eisa? slot ?                 # DEC DE-425 Ethernet

# ISA Plug-and-Play network interfaces
ep*     at isapnp?                      # 3Com 3c509 Ethernet
ne*     at isapnp?                      # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
#tr*    at isapnp?                      # IBM/3COM TROPIC Token-Ring

# PCMCIA network interfaces
#awi*   at pcmcia? function ?           # BayStack 650/660 (802.11FH/DS)
#cnw*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Xircom/Netwave AirSurfer
#ep*    at pcmcia? function ?           # 3Com 3c589 and 3c562 Ethernet
#mbe*   at pcmcia? function ?           # MB8696x based Ethernet
#ne*    at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
#ray*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Raytheon Raylink (802.11)
#sm*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Megahertz Ethernet
#wi*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Lucent WaveLan IEEE (802.11)
#xi*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Xircom CreditCard Ethernet

#mhzc*  at pcmcia? function ?           # Megahertz Ethernet/Modem combo cards
#com*   at mhzc?
#sm*    at mhzc?

# ISA network interfaces
#ate0   at isa? port 0x2a0 irq ?                # AT1700
#cs0    at isa? port 0x300 iomem ? irq ? drq ?  # CS8900 Ethernet
#ec0    at isa? port 0x250 iomem 0xd8000 irq 9  # 3Com 3c503 Ethernet
eg0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 9                # 3C505 ethernet cards
el0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 9                # 3C501 ethernet cards
ep*     at isa? port ? irq ?                    # 3C509 ethernet cards
ef0     at isa? port 0x360 iomem 0xd0000 irq 7  # 3C507
ai0     at isa? port 0x360 iomem 0xd0000 irq 7  # StarLAN
fmv0    at isa? port 0x2a0 irq ?                # FMV-180 series
ix0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10               # EtherExpress/16
iy0     at isa? port 0x360 irq ?                # EtherExpress PRO 10 ISA
lc0     at isa? port 0x320 iomem ? irq ?        # DEC EtherWORKS III (LEMAC)
#depca0 at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xc8000 iosiz 0x8000 irq 5     # DEPCA
#le*    at depca?
nele0   at isa? port 0x320 irq 9 drq 7          # NE2100
le*     at nele?
#ntwoc0 at isa? port 0x300 irq 5 iomem 0xc8000 flags 1  # Riscom/N2 sync serial
bicc0   at isa? port 0x320 irq 10 drq 7         # BICC IsoLan
le*     at bicc?
ne0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 9                # NE[12]000 ethernet cards
ne1     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10
#sm0    at isa? port 0x300 irq 10               # SMC91C9x Ethernet
#tr0    at isa? port 0xa20 iomem 0xd8000 irq ?  # IBM TROPIC based Token-Ring
#tr1    at isa? port 0xa24 iomem 0xd0000 irq ?  # IBM TROPIC based Token-Ring
#tr*    at isa? port ? irq ?                    # 3COM TROPIC based Token-Ring
#we0    at isa? port 0x280 iomem 0xd0000 irq 9  # WD/SMC Ethernet
#we1    at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10
# CardBus network cards
#ex*    at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # 3Com 3C575TX
#fxp*   at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # Intel i8255x
#rtk*   at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # Realtek 8129/8139
#tlp*   at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # DECchip 21143

# MII/PHY support
dmphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Davicom DM9101 PHYs
exphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # 3Com internal PHYs
icsphy* at mii? phy ?                   # Integrated Circuit Systems ICS1890
inphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Intel 82555 PHYs
iophy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Intel 82553 PHYs
lxtphy* at mii? phy ?                   # Level One LXT-970 PHYs
nsphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # NS83840 PHYs
nsphyter* at mii? phy ?                 # NS83843 PHYs
qsphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Quality Semiconductor QS6612 PHYs
sqphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Seeq 80220/80221/80223 PHYs
tlphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # ThunderLAN PHYs
tqphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # TDK Semiconductor PHYs
ukphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # generic unknown PHYs

# USB Controller and Devices

# PCI USB controllers
#ohci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Open Host Controller
#uhci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)

# CardBus USB controllers
#ohci*  at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # Open Host Controller

# USB bus support
#usb*   at ohci?
#usb*   at uhci?

# USB Hubs
#uhub*  at usb?
#uhub*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Mice
#ums*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
#wsmouse*       at ums? mux 0

# USB Keyboards
#ukbd*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
#wskbd* at ukbd? console ? mux 1

# USB Generic HID devices
#uhid*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Printer
#ulpt*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Modem
#umodem*        at uhub? port ? configuration ?
#ucom*  at umodem?

# USB Mass Storage
#umass* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
#atapibus* at umass? channel ?
#scsibus* at umass? channel ?

# USB audio
#uaudio*        at uhub? port ? configuration ?

# USB Ethernet adapters
#aue*   at uhub? port ?         # ADMtek AN986 Pegasus based adapters
#cue*   at uhub? port ?         # CATC USB-EL1201A based adapters
#kue*   at uhub? port ?         # Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B based adapters

# Prolofic PL2301/PL2302 host-to-host adapter
#upl*   at uhub? port ?

# Serial adapters
# FTDI FT8U100AX serial adapter
#uftdi* at uhub? port ?
#ucom*  at uftdi? portno ?

# Diamond Multimedia Rio 500
#urio*  at uhub? port ?

# USB Handspring Visor
#uvisor*        at uhub? port ?
#ucom*  at uvisor?

# USB Generic driver
#ugen*  at uhub? port ?

# Audio Devices

# PCI audio devices
#auvia* at pci? dev ? function ?        # VIA VT82C686A integrated AC'97 Audio
##clcs* at pci? dev ? function ?        # Cirrus Logic CS4280
#cmpci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # C-Media CMI8338/8738
#eap*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Ensoniq AudioPCI
#eso*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # ESS Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive
#fms*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Forte Media FM801
#sv*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # S3 SonicVibes

# ISA Plug-and-Play audio devices
#ess*   at isapnp?                      # ESS Tech ES1887, ES1888, ES888 audio
#guspnp*        at isapnp?                      # Gravis Ultra Sound PnP audio
#sb*    at isapnp?                      # SoundBlaster-compatible audio
#wss*   at isapnp?                      # Windows Sound System
#ym*    at isapnp?                      # Yamaha OPL3-SA3 audio

# ISA audio devices
# the "aria" probe might give false hits
#aria0  at isa? port 0x290 irq 10               # Aria
#ess0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 drq2 5   # ESS 18XX
##gus0  at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 drq2 6   # Gravis Ultra Sound
#Pas0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1          # ProAudio Spectrum
#pss0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 6          # Personal Sound System
#sp0    at pss0 port 0x530 irq 10 drq 0         #       sound port driver
#3sb0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 drq2 5   # SoundBlaster
#wss0   at isa? port 0x530 irq 10 drq 0 drq2 1  # Windows Sound System

#cms0   at isa? port 0x220                      # Creative Music System

# OPL[23] FM synthesizers
#opl0   at isa? port 0x388      # use only if not attached to sound card
#opl*   at eso?
#opl*   at ess?
#opl*   at fms?
#opl*   at sb?
#opl*   at sv?
#opl*   at wss?
#opl*   at ym?

# Audio support
#audio* at aria?
#audio* at auvia?
#audio* at clcs?
#audio* at cmpci?
#audio* at eap?
#audio* at eso?
#audio* at ess?
#audio* at fms?
#audio* at gus?
#audio* at guspnp?
#audio* at pas?
#audio* at sb?
#audio* at sp?
#audio* at sv?
#audio* at uaudio?
#audio* at wss?
#audio* at ym?

# MPU 401 UARTs
#mpu*   at isa? port 0x330 irq 9        # MPU401 or compatible card
#mpu*   at eso?
#mpu*   at fms?
#mpu*   at sb?
#mpu*   at ym?

# MIDI support
#midi*  at clcs?                # Cirrus Logic CS4280 MIDI port
#midi*  at cms?                 # Creative Music System
#midi*  at eap?                 # 137[01] MIDI port
#midi*  at mpu?                 # MPU 401
#midi*  at opl?                 # OPL FM synth
#midi*  at pcppi?               # MIDI interface to the PC speaker
#midi*  at sb?                  # SB1 MIDI port

# The spkr driver provides a simple tone interface to the built in speaker.
#spkr0  at pcppi?               # PC speaker

# TV cards

# Brooktree 848/849/878/879 based TV cards
#bktr* at pci? dev ? function ?

# Mice

# ISA busmice
lms0    at isa? port 0x23c irq 5        # Logitech bus mouse
lms1    at isa? port 0x238 irq 5
mms0    at isa? port 0x23c irq 5        # Microsoft InPort mouse
mms1    at isa? port 0x238 irq 5
wsmouse*        at lms? mux 0
wsmouse*        at mms? mux 0
# backwards compatible versions
#olms0  at isa? port 0x23c irq 5        # Logitech bus mouse
#olms1  at isa? port 0x238 irq 5
#omms0  at isa? port 0x23c irq 5        # Microsoft InPort mouse
#omms1  at isa? port 0x238 irq 5
#opms0  at pc? irq 12           # PS/2 auxiliary port mouse

# Joysticks

# ISA Plug-and-Play joysticks
#joy*   at isapnp?                      # Game ports (usually on audio cards)

# PCI joysticks
#joy*   at pci?                         # Game ports (usually on audio cards)

# ISA joysticks. Probe is a little strange; add only if you have one.
#joy0   at isa? port 0x201

# Miscellaneous Devices

# Planetconnect Satellite receiver driver.
#satlink0 at isa? port 0x300 drq 1

# Pull in optional local configuration
include "arch/i386/conf/GENERIC.local"

# Pseudo-Devices

# disk/mass storage pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   ccd             4       # concatenated/striped disk devices
pseudo-device   raid            4       # RAIDframe disk driver
options         RAID_AUTOCONFIG         # auto-configuration of RAID components
pseudo-device   md              1       # memory disk device (ramdisk)
pseudo-device   vnd             4       # disk-like interface to files

# network pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   bpfilter        8       # Berkeley packet filter
pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP filter (firewall) and NAT
pseudo-device   loop                    # network loopback
pseudo-device   ppp             2       # Point-to-Point Protocol
#pseudo-device  sl              2       # Serial Line IP
#pseudo-device  strip           2       # Starmode Radio IP (Metricom)
#pseudo-device  tun             2       # network tunneling over tty
#pseudo-device  gre             2       # generic L3 over IP tunnel
pseudo-device   ipip            2       # IP Encapsulation within IP (RFC 2003)
#pseudo-device  gif             4       # IPv[46] over IPv[46] tunnel (RFC1933)
#pseudo-device  faith           1       # IPv[46] tcp relay translation i/f
#pseudo-device  stf             1       # 6to4 IPv6 over IPv4 encapsulation

# miscellaneous pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   pty             64      # pseudo-terminals
pseudo-device   tb              1       # tablet line discipline
pseudo-device   sequencer       1       # MIDI sequencer
# rnd works; RND_COM does not on port i386 yet.
pseudo-device   rnd                     # /dev/random and in-kernel generator
#options        RND_COM                 # use "com" randomness as well (BROKEN)

# a pseudo device needed for Coda       # also needs CODA (above)
#pseudo-device  vcoda           4       # coda minicache <-> venus comm.

# mouse & keyboard multiplexor pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   wsmux           2
---