Subject: Re: thinkpad 600 and audio?
To: fb <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/2002 12:40:51
fb <nmanisca@vt.edu> writes:

> I searched the mailing lists and couldn't find an answer so I'll try here.
>
> Can anyone get the audio hardware on an IBM Thinkpad 600 to work?

It "just works" for me on a disk with -current from several months
ago, and I recall it working pre 1.5 as well:

  sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq5 drq1: dsp v3.02
  audio0 at sb0: half duplex, mmap, independent
  midio0 at sb0: SB MIDI UART
  opl0 at sb0: model OPL3

I just run "mpg123 file.mp3", for example, and I get output.

If you're getting no errors, but just no sound, you might want to
check the outputs.master in the mixerctl program to see if it's set to
0,0 for some reason.

I recall that when I tried running the Linux RealPlayer, I had to
configure it for 8 bit mode, but other than that I've never had
problems.