Subject: Re: 802.11a (yes "a", not "b") and netbsd...
To: Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@selresearch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2002 16:52:11
On Sat, 18 May 2002 15:16:50 -0700
Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us> wrote:

> hi. does anyone have any experience using 802.11a with netbsd?

My understanding was that there were no device drivers publicly
available.  I think that all of the current 802.11a devices
are based on the Atheros chipset, and they have said that
they aren't comfortable releasing programming information
because it would reveal too much about their hardware.

It's a real shame, 'cause 802.11a certainly seems like it'd
be a win in alot of ways.  Perhaps as other 802.11a chipsets
appear, more information will become available.

Kevin
kml@selresearch.net