Subject: Re: wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: Device not configured
To: eleg <pwbr@club-internet.fr>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/2002 11:32:16
As far as I know, the boot floppy kernel doesn't use wscons on i386, but
different console driver - pccons. This one is (much) smaller than
wscons, but doesn't support wscons features like virtual consoles.
This is why you get the 'ttyEcfg: Device not configured' messages.
Since getty doesn't get run on the console, you are not able to log
in and that's where you are stuck.

If you can boot kernel off the hd, you can do
> boot hd0a:/netbsd

Alternatively, you can boot to singleuser via 'boot -as',
and do any changes from singleuser (you'd prolly need to
remount root rw, it's mounted ro when you get to singleuser).

Hope this helps.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html