Subject: Re: SCO ELF emulation
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ross <rsander7@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2002 22:04:30
I used to admin SCO OpenServer systems, and that is correct.  Unixware and
OpenServer are not binary compatible.  Don't ask me why SCO did that, never
understood the logic of it, if indeed there was any.

To further complicate matters, I believe that different versions of OpenServer
were not necesarily compatible with each other, either.

But I THOUGHT that SCO Unixware binaries were supposed to run under
IBCS2 emu, not SYSV emu.  Or was that OpenServer that's for IBCS2.  Confusing,
no?

(there i go thinking again?)
Ross