Subject: Re: two nics at irq10
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2002 18:40:14
On 09.05.02, 13:25:47, Matias Romeo wrote:
> Hi!
> I have the following problem. My box has 2 nics , one is PCI and the other
> one is ISA .
>
> DE-220CT ==> ISA
> EPIC          ==> PCI
>
> When i boot my PC the kernel-debuger shows ( after the kernel recogize both
> nics using same interrupt ) saying "cannot share level triggered interupt
> with edge triggered interrupt  ... . . ..  ." .
>
> After this message i boot my PC with a DOS-boot floppy and used the DE-220
> configuration program to change the interrupt , but i have the same problem
> even if i change the interrupt number to 9/5/14/15 etc,etc.
> The ISA nic is always using interrupt 10.

Maybe the kernel only knows about IRQ 10 for that type of card. See
below.

> any clue on this?
> box = pentium 100 mhz / 48mb / 2gb / netbsd 1.5.2

Reserve IRQ 10 for "Legacy ISA" (or whatever the Non-PnP/PCI setting
is called) in the BIOS setup, so no PCI card or ISA-PnP card will get
IRQ 10.

Also, for many ISA cards, the IRQ cannot be probed reliably, so after
setting the IRQ of the card with a DOS program, be sure the NetBSD
kernel knows a card of that type with the correct
I/O-IRQ-combination. This may mean that you have to build a custom
kernel first.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: it's not free beer, but it's free