Subject: More KR7A-RAID problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/2002 14:05:46
I'm struggling to make my KR7A-RAID run with any stability: maybe
somebody can help me find which bit of hardware is most suspect from
the kind of NetBSD panics I have?

The most common panic is something like 'assertion PV failed in pmap'
(two instances of KASSERT(pv) in arch/i386/i386/pmap.c, can't remember
which one it's referring to).  I think I have a core if more info
would help.  I had a couple of failures in softdep code before I
turned it off, too.  I've tried 1.5.1 GENERIC, 1.5V, and (now) 1.5ZA.

Most of the time, the machine just freezes after a few minutes
running.  Interestingly, once it's done this a couple of times and
it's 'warmed up', it seems to stabilise and doesn't fall over anymore.

All help appreciated.

Mark <><