Subject: ATX power button
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2002 23:31:18
--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

Hi all

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the function of the ATX power
button in NetBSD.

Now, when I press it, I hear three beps and then the system enters
suspended mode (I think this is a thing of the bios). In FreeBSD, the
kernel showed several messages about the event, which were captured
by the apmd daemon.

Here, in NetBSD I do not see any kernel messages. Does it catch these
events?

And the real question: could I change the button function to do a
'shutdown -p halt' instead of the suspend?

Thanks.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org