Subject: Motherboard questions again
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sexton <sexton@serasystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2002 14:24:47
Sorry to be a bother...  This is a follow up mail to "MSI Motherboard
with VIA Bridges" I wrote some time ago.

I went ahead and bought an Asus board, the A7V266-E/AA.  Now, it has VIA
all over it which I was trying to avoid but that is hard in the AMD
world it seems...  At least on the South bridges.  I did manage to avoid
the 686B. The A7V266-E has a VIA VT8233 which is "recognized" by NetBSD
as unknown VIA chipset.  All seems to work okay but IDE preformance is
pretty darn slow.

I have a few questions...  Is there anyone out there that uses this
particular board?  If so, what are your experiences?  Also, I may try
the A7A266 which uses the ALi chipets.  The South Bridge here is the
1535D+.  Any experiences here?

Thank you for you help.

Sincerely,

--Kevin

--
Kevin Sexton			Sera Systems
Sales Manager			Ready BSD Servers and Support