Subject: Re: Xemacs
To: Mario Kemper <magick@zhadum.de>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2002 19:55:59
Mario Kemper [Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:05:47PM +0200]:
> Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de> writes:

> > > ... and move it from /usr/pkg/share to /usr/X11R6/share for xemacs-stable.
> >
> > Why that?
> > Anyway, most of the xemacs-packages seems to be installed in
> > /usr/pkg/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/
>
> It's because the xemacs package inherits USE_X11BASE from the motif
> package and is therefore installed in X11PREFIX, xemacs-current is
> installed in /usr/pkg along with xemacs-packages.

BTW do you happen to have X errors when running xemacs (current or stable) ?
BadDrawable or such ... anyone?

And also:
- load a C/C++ file
- turn on font-lock in all buffers
- M-x, compile
- suppose some errors will show
- M-` [and now xemacs exits with "Invalid instruction" or such]

Please, let me know if you happen to have same errors.
--
/* Micha³ Pasternak, http://pasternak.w.lub.pl, +48606570000 */