Subject: Re: cvs missing files today?
To: Ross <rsander7@tampabay.rr.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2002 21:08:57
On Wed Apr 24 2002 at 13:11:17 -0400, Ross wrote:
> Not exactly sure where this message is supposed to go but i'll try here first.
>
> I updated my source tree last night via cvs, however, "make build" complains
> about a missing include file:
>
> /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/compile_et/../../libc/string/strlcpy.c:36: namespace.h:
> No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Most of the time when i see this kind of error it's because i forgot the -d
> switch.  This time, it's in there:
>
> cvs -d $CVSROOT update -rnetbsd-1-5 -PAd src
>
> CVSROOT being:  :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
>
> I ran another update this morning thinking i had caught a cvs commit in progress
> which i have occasionally done, but still the same missing include file.

CVS is not missing a file, but there was an error in a pullup due to
some minor carelessness. Klaus Klein fixed the problem on -current
(well, the problem didn't actually even show up on -current), and
submitted a pullup request, which should be processed soonish. If you
wish make build to work before the request is processed apply revision
1.13 of lib/libc/string/strlcat.c and 1.11 of lib/libc/string/strlcpy.c
to your sources.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/