Subject: Re: Piopneer DRM624X cd-rom
To: Paul Apprich <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/2002 21:07:25
Paul,

You may want to try invoking "mount" normally, rather than mount_cd9660
directly, and specifying "read-only".  For example:

mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /mounts/foobar

You might also try using cd0d (sometimes that works for me..never really
bothered to look at what BSD thought the problem was).

Finally, you may want to check with "dmesg" to see if there were any SCSI
timeouts (that indicate, for example, a termination problem).  I had
numerous SCSI "issues" when using my two 624's with an NCR810 controller on
i386...it all went away when I put an active terminator on the bus.

    ScottE