Subject: Re: Is opera6 working well for you?
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/2002 17:44:37
Jaromir Dolecek [Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:22:33PM +0200]:
> > crashed after configuring options for me. now can't start.
> > excellent browser ;)
>
> You happened to step on my toe, Wojciech, since Opera is my most
> favourite browser nowadays.
[...]

Hmm, maybe we could start "Opera on NetBSD" initiative, what do you think
about it? We could bug Opera software to make something like a commercially
unsupported version for NetBSD. I could arrange a web page with sample
petition or something, or write to Opera development team.

And now for my favourite:

Browser holy war time! :)

I use Opera for common tasks (browsing, reading documentation, e-commerce
and such). When I want something rendered very good, I use mozilla (Opera
has some problems with our locale, I think they may disappear in beta2, as
stated in Changelog, but I didn't test it yet).

But, ladies and gentleman, when I design some pages for some clients, they
must be tested on the good, old, buggy "standard" browser. Guess which one.
The good thing is, that mozilla renders 99% pages the same way.

> > > The beta2 also feels blazingly fast!
> > >

> > compared to what?
> > M$-explorer on 386SX?
>
> Netscape and Mozilla.

Generally, Windows runs a bit faster than our GNU desktop favourites on the
same hardware.
--
/* Micha³ Pasternak, http://pasternak.w.lub.pl, +48606570000 */