Subject: Re: Question...
To: Kelley Reynolds <schnozzy@verbotenplanet.net>
From: Ernst du Toit <et@houseofet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/2002 07:43:37
Since the BIOS communicates with the micrcontroller in the keyboard as part of the POST, you'll need to 'fake' the acknowledge sequence of the keyboard probe.

Silicon Chip magazine in Australia (http://www.siliconchip.com.au) ran an article in it's Feburary 2002 issue on how to do this very simply... just strip the controller board out of an old keyboard and put in a small box. Crude but effective.

Maybe there is a 'dongle' made from a cheap PIC chip that can fake the keyboard probe. Not seen one yet though.

--et