Subject: Re: xi0: device timeout (seems fixed now)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2002 13:12:15
--AkbCVLjbJ9qUtAXD

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:55:59PM +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> FWIW, I've recently been using Xircom card (with xi(4) and ukphy(4),
> as in GENERIC_LAPTOP) without any problems, in either
> 10baseT mode (against 10Mbit/s hub) and 100baseTX-FDX (against 10/100 swi=
tch).

I thought I also had this problem on my laptop (a Thinkpad 760mumble
running 1.5ZC from 20020405), as my xi didn't want to work last
night, but a reboot made it happy, which makes me think more that
apmd doesn't know how to deal with this machine (which isn't news;
if the audio device is open and the machine is put to sleep, it
becomes unuseable after the machine wakes back up again).

So, my xi also works, in both 10baseT and 100BaseTX medias (medie?)
talking to a 10/100 switch (from NetGear, fwiw).

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--AkbCVLjbJ9qUtAXD