Subject: Re: xi0: device timeout (seems fixed now)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jaromir.dolecek@artisys.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2002 12:55:59
FWIW, I've recently been using Xircom card (with xi(4) and ukphy(4),
as in GENERIC_LAPTOP) without any problems, in either
10baseT mode (against 10Mbit/s hub) and 100baseTX-FDX (against 10/100 switch).

Jaromir

-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:41:52PM -0400, Ross wrote:
> > I tried 100baseTX and i get "no carrier".  Must be something odd.  It's not
> > a cable issue.
>
> Barring more being wrong with the driver than I think, this just
> means either that your cable isn't capable of 100BaseT (means it's
> CAT-3 or mis-terminated CAT-5) or the network device at the other end
> is refusing to speak it.
>
> > Another issue i have is that it will only configure on bootup.  Once booted,
> > nothing is changeable at the command line with ifconfig without loosing the
> > nic response completely.  In otherwords, no switching cards around if you want
> > to keep your network connection.
>
> Hrm. I definitely don't have those problems with my xi.
>
> Is this one of those fancy ethernet-modem-flyswatter combos they
> sell, or just the ethernet card?
>
> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter
> gr@eclipsed.net
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jaromir.dolecek@artisys.cz>
ARTISYS, s.r.o., Stursova 71, 61600 Brno, Czech Republic