Subject: Re: Raid sollution wanted
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2002 04:27:55
Hi,

On 8 Apr 2002 at 18:21, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> can somebody recomment me a reasonable priced RAID 1 sollution for
> NetBSD-i386? I want to setup a system with a single mirrored disks. I
> would like to avoid raid(4) because booting from a mirrored disk is
> still not supported properly there (e.g. in "installboot").

ata or scsi?  For ata there is one of the "icy docks" where
some people have posted acceptable experiences with the scsi
versions of the "icy dock". The one I am thinking of is
sometimes called "SR2000", just put two ata drives into it,
connect it to your existing ide controller (no extra driver
required - I like that), and you are ready. See
"http://www.raidsonic.de/index-e.htm". At EUR 350,-- to 400,--
it is expensive.

HTH

mike