Subject: Re: Additional keys
To: Andreas Lohrum <Andreas.Lohrum@tngtech.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2002 12:38:22
For wscons, I'm not sure what to make of it.

For X, you need to do this:

- man xmodmap(1X) and xev(1X).
- run xev and see what keycodes come up for the keys.
- if no keysyms come up to match the keys, you will need to look at the
  keysyms listed in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/XF86keysym.h and start
  mapping some of the unused ones to keycodes via xmodmap.
- bind the keys to functions in your window manager, as X does not
  typically do direct event handling.